Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bristol Drawings

My new favorite drawing paper is Bristol paper. It's very smooth and is great for markers or pen/ink. I did these over the course of a few months. I've been moving back and forth between geometric designs and organic designs, and as always I love color. I made some of these just on my own, and a few by request of a client. 

All of these are done on Bristol paper with Prismacolor markers and in some cases I used black/sepia india ink pens, and some metallic gold and silver pens. 

These are all 9x12 and unfortunately my home scanner is an 81/2 x 11, so some of the images are slightly cut off. 



Allahu:





Allahu Akbar:
God is Great






La Illaha Il Allah Muhammad ur Rasoolullah:
There is no God but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God






SubhanAllah:
Glorious is God




Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem:
In the Name of God, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful



This calligraphy design (above)  was not originally my own.
It is one that I found online and really loved, and so I reproduced it here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment