Friday, June 29, 2012

2012-2013 Calendar

After my last calendar finished, I decided to try and come up with a concept for my second calendar. I decided to go with the 99 Names of Allah. Throughout the 18 months, I covered all 99 names, in order. According to the Islamic Tradition, the 99 names represent the different attributes of Allah. 

Here is a link with all 99 Names and their meanings
99 Names

There is a phrase in the Qur'aan that repeats itself multiple times, and translates roughly to 
There are signs for those who can see

I wanted to use this idea that if you believe and look for Allah in all things, you will find it. I created this calendar by drawing images from nature and then camouflaging the names within the image itself, symbolizing that the Allah is there, for those who look for it. 

This calendar was made using PrismaColor Markers and PrismaColor Paint Markers (for the metallic gold and silver colors) on 8 1/2 x 11 inch computer paper. 



Cover

1. Solar System

2. Planet Earth

3. Sunset
4. Desert
5. Forest Sunrise
6. Tropical Flower
7. Autumn Leaves

8. Squash and Corn

9. Mountains

10. Winter
11. Northern Lights

12. Caves

13. Glaciers
14. Coral Reef


15. Green Trees

16. Waterfall

17. Fruits and Berries

18.Volcano


No comments:

Post a Comment